The Griever has a very crossbow look. It is your average circle tank, with one curved shield-like object placed on the front. Over that is a trapezoid with a line attached to it. The line is a chain that leads an arrow-shaped bullet.
- Has one bullet, but this bullet lasts forever. It cannot be destroyed under any circumstance.
- This 'arrow' is fired outward like a grappling hook to your mouse.
- Tanks/Polygons hit by the hook will slowly take BODY DAMAGE until they escape, you yank them, or let them go.
- Tanks can escape your grip by moving in the opposite direction you're at for 2 seconds.
- You can right-click to yank the object/player toward you. This releases them from your grasp, but also deals a lot of damage, and drags them toward you.
- How close they are pulled to you during a yank (and how fast the hook is fired) is determined by your Bullet Speed. (How far it is fired is also determined by Bullet Speed).
- Bullet Penetration becomes effectively useless because the bullet can't be destroyed anyway.
- The shield-like object mentioned in Design doesn't actually deflect bullets, and is really only there to give it the crossbow, grappling hook appearance.
- An upgraded version of the gimmick this tank uses is one of the weapons used by the War Machine.