The highest superior for our favorite blue polygons we all know and "love", Pentavian is the strong force of the Pentagons. As being the oldest and the most respected member, he was been praised by the Polygon Mother for the creation of the first Guardians, and was the original founder of the Great Pentagon Nest. After the threat of the ever growing onslaught of tanks during the Old Era, the Polygon Mother has awakened him to create an influx of defensive polygons - The Nest Defenders, to keep the Pentagons safe. Now he lies in a fortress heavily guarded by an elite group, ensuring his safety from infiltration.
Pentavian is one of the eight Disciples of the Polygons. As the oldest and respected member, he is considered as a very powerful entity. He represents the Pentagons and every defender associated with them. Pentavian, along with the other Polygon Disciples are located within the center of a Polygon Fortress, found rarely throughout the Realm. In the game mode where the Polygon Mother herself is fought within a massive structure, each Disciple including Pentavian has an independent space in which where they are battled. He lies within the Pentagon Fortress, a structure filled with the Pentagon-based inhabitants and the keepers that await any intruders. They will be fought first before facing down the ruler of them all.
Pentavian is a large blue pentagon with two smaller pentagons that represent "hands" are bound together with a smaller Pentagon, similar to how the Polygon Mother's arms consist of polygons. One of the hands is holding large shield similar in design to Royale's but smoother and a blue Pentagon gauntlet is placed in the middle. The other hand has a short wide cannon on top of a trapezoid base on one side, the back two sides have small spawners. The main body of Pentavian is a large pentagon wearing a helmet with gradient pentagonal symbols on top, the helmet is similar in design to The Tres Geminos but wider and more fitting to the body shape (as it is not a circle). A single larger spawner is placed on the bottom the main body of Pentavian.
Pentavian has a total HP of 42,400. He has 33% resistance to enemy ammunition, however, during certain attacks, he becomes vulnerable, and loses all resistance. Pentavian regenerates very slowly, 3 HP every second for all parts, regeneration does increase by 500% if left alone for over two minutes (though it's rare for that to happen). He has a base body damage of 60 HP.
Pentavian can summon various enemies, ranging from pentagons and Crashers to even bosses such as the Guardian and the Leviathan, or even Battle Carrier or Quintet. He has an ability to summon many Nest Defenders as well. The hand with the two spawners will only create crasher-based enemies. In Phase 2, where his hands loose their weapons, Pentavian can summon boss entities.
Pentavian's shield will reflect shot bullets back as its own, during many attacks it will move around blocking streams of bullets, drones, or traps. He sometimes uses his shield to hit players directly, dealing moderate damage and knockback.
The bottom spawner will occasionally release a storm of Battle Carrier minions, sometimes spawning a few pentagons as it progresses.
Pentavian's attacks are both reliant on the weapons he has and his own magical powers. In many attacks like the Polygon Prison, he will raise his right hand and summons a circle of pentagons around many players. Other attacks involving his summoning power is throwing an Alpha Pentagon directly at players. Pentavian is a balance of both physical strength and magical strength, providing an excellent example for the other disciples to follow. Pentavian just doesn't seem to care if he gets hit a few times.
During this phase of the battle, he is in the center of the arena, staying still as more players join in. He is invulnerable during this as a transmission from the Polygon Mother warns the tanks once more about the dangers they are about to face down, and that Pentavian should be left alone. After the transmission ends, Pentavian stands up and speaks his one quote right after he makes his first and only attack, which blocks the exit with armored Alpha Pentagons until he gets defeated. Polygons created by Pentavian will not reward any EXP.
Pentavian is invulnerable during Phase 1, and only when its hands HP reaches 0 will cause Pentavian to enter Phase 2. The hands that are "destroyed" looses all of its weapons and becomes invulnerable, but useless. Attacks that requires the weapons will be disabled.
- En Guarde!: Pentavian during the transmission from the Polygon Mother will stand up and summons two heavily armored Alpha Pentagons to block the exit. They remain invulnerable until Pentavian has been defeated. They have two hands, one with a large spear with a Pentagon handle. They shove away any tank trying to escape yet keeping their ground. If any tank tries to enter the arena where Pentavian is fought, the guards will push away the tanks. They do not deal damage to the tanks when they push them away.
This would be a very tough battle...
- Crasher Storm: Pentavian's hand with the two spawners begin rapidly producing up to 30-50 small Crashers to swarm the enemy tanks. There is a small chance for each Crasher to spawn as a larger variant.
- Pentagon Storm: Pentavian's large bottom spawner begins firing out 12-24 blue pentagons to get in the way. each one has 260 HP and will deal 12 HP of body damage.
- Shield Punch: Pentavian lunges his shield directly at a tank. Tanks upon hitting it will be inflicted with broken and suffer high damage. They will be knocked back away as well. If he misses he'll revert to another attack.
- Cannon Volley: Pentavian aims his gun at nearby tanks and fires large high damage and penetration bullets at players. The cannon reloads every 0.4 seconds in a 2-second session. The final shot will shoot the bullet three times faster and will push back the hand greatly.
- Polygon Prison: Similar to what the Storm of Fragments does, a ring of 10 pentagons surrounds five tanks, blocking the shots temporally. As the attack progresses, Pentavian spawns small Crashers randomly around the tank while it is entrapped. The pentagons that are a part of the ring has 260 HP and will deal 12 HP of body damage. When a ring is broken, the connections of pentagons break apart.
- Pentagonal Strike: Similar to what the Storm of Fragments does, a large holographic blue pentagon outline will form around Pentavian, rapidly dealing 5-10 HP to all players standing inside of it over the course of 3 seconds. Players inside will also be inflicted with stunned for 5 seconds.
- Alpha Crusher: Pentavian raises his right hand and summons a glowing Alpha Pentagon. It flings into the arena, swiping it around to punch tanks. The Alpha Pentagon has 3,000 HP and will keep on being thrown around until it dies. This attack can persist through other attacks. The Alpha Pentagon being pushed around can also push around other polygons.
- Crasher Bombs: The large cannon on Pentavian's right hand begins firing Splitter Pentagons instead of bullets. When one gets destroyed they break apart into five large Crashers.
- Summon - Minions!: The bottom spawner produces 12 random Battle Carrier minions. They will chase around and create more chaos in the arena. This attack can persist through other attacks. Only happens 6 times during Phase 1, it happens every 6 attacks. While the attack is active, Pentavian gets the broken debuff for 12 seconds.
- Summon - Sentry Pentagons!: Pentavian raises his left hand and summons 6 Sentry Pentagon Nest Defenders. It will encircle him to create a storm of bullets all over. This attack can persist through other attacks. Only happens 5 times during Phase 1, it happens every 7 attacks. While the attack is active, Pentavian gets the broken debuff for 12 seconds.
- Summon - Baby Leviathans!: Pentavian raises his right hand and summons 2 Baby Leviathan Nest Defenders. It will encircle him and create additional Crashers. This attack can persist through other attacks. Only happens 4 times during Phase 1, it happens every 8 attacks. While the attack is active, Pentavian gets the broken debuff for 12 seconds
- Crasher Nova: Pentavian's large bottom spawner launches a massive cluster of large Crashers. It moves slowly down towards the middle. As soon as it touches a tank or the arena wall, it bursts into 60 large crashers. Only happens 3 times during Phase 1, it happens every 10 attacks. While firing, Pentavian gets the broken debuff for 12 seconds.
- Polygon Prison Deluxe: Pentavian raises his right hand and will create the Polygon Prison attack, however instead of normal pentagons, 10 ALPHA pentagons from a ring around multiple tanks. During the attack, Pentavian will also begin using his cannon and fires bullets at tanks that are trapped within the wall of alphas. Many Crashers will spawn around the prisons like the normal attack. Only happens 2 times during Phase 1, it happens every 12 attacks. While active, Pentavian gets the broken debuff for 12 seconds.
When Pentavian's hands are disabled, he enters Phase 2. Pentavian moves faster and now only use magic-based attacks. He teleports into the center of the arena at the very beginning of Phase 2. Bullets fired at the hands will go through them. Pentavian's helmet cracks near the sides.
During a boss Summon, Pentavian will be invulnerable until boss/bosses dies. He can not attack while a boss is in session. After the boss dies Pentavian will resume attacking until the loss of 4,000 HP has been reached. For every 4,000 HP lost, Pentavian will summon a boss or multiple bosses as the following:
Boss Spawning Order:
- At 23,600 HP: The Guardian of the Pentagons.
- At 19,600 HP: The Leviathan.
- At 15,600 HP: Two Guardians or Battle Carrier.
- At 11,600 HP: The Leviathan + two Guardians or Battle Carrier + Guardian.
- At 7,600 HP: Quintet or Battle Carrier + two Guardians or two Leviathans + Guardian.
- At 3,600 HP: Two Battle Carriers or six Guardians or three Leviathans or Quintet + Guardian.
- At 600 HP: Quintet + Battle Carrier + two Leviathans + two Guardians.
During the between sessions of the boss summoning, Pentavian will do these attacks randomly. If Pentavian reaches the 4,000 HP mark, he'll become invulnerable and waits for the attack to be finished.
- Crasher Storm II: The bottom spawner produces 20-40 small Crashers to swarm the enemy tanks. There is a small chance for each Crasher to spawn as a larger variant. However, he'll also spawn 3 Battle Carrier minions with that.
- Pentagon Storm II: Pentavian's large bottom spawner begins firing out 12-24 blue pentagons to get in the way. each one has 260 HP and will deal 12 HP of body damage. However, he'll also spawn 6 Battle Carrier minions with that.
- Alpha Crusher II: Pentavian raises his right hand and summons two glowing Alpha Pentagons. It flings into the arena, swiping it around to punch tanks. The Alpha Pentagons each have 3,000 HP and will keep on being thrown around until it dies. This attack cannot be used during other attacks, however. The Alpha Pentagon being pushed around can also push around other polygons.
- Polygon Prison II: A ring of 10 beta pentagons surrounds all tanks, blocking the shots temporally. As the attack progresses, Pentavian spawns small and large Crashers randomly around the tank while it is entrapped. The pentagons that are a part of the ring has 1,500 HP and will deal 12 HP of body damage. When a ring is broken, the connections of pentagons break apart.
- Pentagonal Strike II: A slightly larger holographic blue pentagon outline will form around Pentavian, rapidly dealing 5-10 HP to all players standing inside of it over the course of 3 seconds. Players inside will also be inflicted with stunned for 5 seconds. Pentavian instead of keeping it around its center will fling the whole aura at the players, it will bounce off of the walls around the arena, having a maximum of 4 bounces.
- Poly Lightning: Pentavian will raise both of his hands while his helmet's polygon symbols begin to glow brilliantly. Suddenly, 15 bolts of lightning strike periodically over the course of 8 seconds. An expanding blue glowing orb signifies as a warning for the strike to appear. The lightning strikes will have a 5-tile radius area damage, more concentrated near the center. Players within the area of damage will receive 15-40 HP of damage and will be inflicted with paralyzed, stunned, and blinded for 6 seconds.
- Quintet: Will raise his left hand and begins to glow. Shortly after, five Beta Pentagons bursts out with incredible speed. They will bounce off the walls for three times before despawning.
The End of Pentavian
When Pentavian reaches the 600 HP mark and after the bosses are defeated, a transmission from the Polygon Mother reminds the tanks about what they are about to face with. Pentavian will then do a Polygon Prison Deluxe attack that affects every player in the arena, and he calls the Alpha Pentagon guards that for the entire time was blocking the only exit. They are now independent enemies that the tanks have to battle against.
Each Alpha Pentagon guard has 5,600 HP. They deal 16 HP of body damage per hit. They attack through swiping the heavy spear-like lance they hold. The lance does a considerable amount of damage to tanks. The guards aren't necessary to defeat the boss, just deal enough damage to Pentavian and this is all over...
If every tank present during Pentavian's final moment has died, a transmission from the Polygon Mother to those engaged in Pentavian's battle will appear, her congratulating them for "sparing" Pentavian. The entrance to his fortress will be blocked for 20 minutes, and everything will get reset.
However, if Pentavian HP finally reaches 0, he kneels down and white cracks begin forming all around his body, any Pentagon in range around him starts to loose their color, turning into a gray. Pentavian then suddenly vaporizes with a white flash on the screen, leaving only the helmet behind on top of a pile of ashes. All pentagons and polygons associated to them with a huge radius around the death of Pentavian will have halved HP and resistances. There is also a higher chance for the Leviathan to be replaced by the Fallen Leviathan boss. Any pentagon-based bosses/mini-bosses that were present near the fortress where Pentavian has been defeated will greatly reduce in HP and Resistances, Superior Pentagon nests will stop spawning pentagons for a long time around its destruction area...
*To be added*
- This marks the beginning of a new kind of boss in the Tale of Diep, and also a new update to the Polygon Mother, stay tuned >:)
- Pentavian is also a Hero.