While somewhat smaller than the rest of his brethren, the one with four sides is still a force to be reckoned with. He specializes in overwhelming his opponents in number, swarming them with countless enemies until they retreat or are destroyed by his hand. It's best to avoid this one if you're not adequately prepared to face nigh-endless waves of enemies and that ridiculously large ego of his.
Perpendiculus is one of the eight Disciples of the Polygons. Being the second to be created, his mindset is to immediately populate every province of the realm of his beloved four-sided shapes. However recent times now in the Middle Era are tough. It is unfortunate how the square's structure is easy to be manipulated and transformed into mindless solders, and those who are Necromancers are highly appalling. Perpendiculus has a burning grudge against The Lich due to this, almost making him eager to burst out of his fortress confine and face the Lich head on, even if the Polygon Mother warns him not to (he tried many times before...). Perpendiculus doesn't like tanks that utilizes square-shaped bodies, he calls them square-wannabes and will most certainly target them first. Being the second oldest doesn't necessarily mean he's the most mature...
Like other Disciples, Perpendiculus represents the Squares and every defender associated with them. Despite being the leader of the currently weakest polygons, he is far from being easy. Perpendiculus, along with the other Polygon Disciples are located within the center of a Polygon Fortress, found rarely throughout the Realm. In the game mode where the Polygon Mother herself is fought within a massive structure, each Disciple, including Perpendiculus, has an independent space in which where they are battled. He lies within the Square Fortress, a structure filled with the Square-based inhabitants and the keepers that await any intruders. They will be fought first before facing down the ruler of them all.
Perpendiculus has a large yellow square body and four arms, made up of four smaller squares connecting four larger squares (about half the size of the body and represent hands) to the body itself. Two of the arms are Summoner Square orange-colored. Perpendiculus also wears a thin helmet with a square gem embedded in it. He has a spawner on his base, and two arms have spawners while the other two have Sentry Square-like barrels.
Perpendiculus has a total HP of 38,200. Perpendiculus regenerates very slowly, 3 HP every second for all parts, regeneration does increase by 500% if left alone for over two minutes (though it's rare for that to happen). He has a base body damage of 50 HP.
Perpendiculus can summon various square-based polygon types, to even bosses such as the Summoner and the Constructionist, or even the Constellation. He has an ability to summon many Nest Defenders as well. The hands with the spawners will only create crasher-based enemies. In Phase 2, where his hands lose their weapons, Perpendiculus can summon boss entities.
Perpendiculus's bottom spawner spawns normal squares at half the rate of a Summoner. There is a 25% chance for a square to be a Summoner Square and a 5% chance for it to be a Splitter Square. Swarm Squares come from Splitter Squares, so there is no need for them to spawn on their own. Occasionally, instead of a square, a clump of 3-5 Splitter Squares is released instead with an audible "thunk", and Perpendiculus's spawner can be seen shaking slightly after spawning the clump of Splitter Squares. 10-12 Summoner Squares are occasionally released instead of a normal Summoner Square. There is a maximum of 150 normal squares, 50 Summoner Squares, and 12 Splitter Squares at once. This does not apply to squares or square-related things spawned during attacks.
Perpendiculus's hand spawners usually spawn only Summoner Squares at the rate of a Summoner, however, they also can spawn the occasional Splitter Square. The gun hands just fire as normal. Hand spawners stop spawning squares if used in an attack or otherwise noted.
Perpendiculus's attacks involve both some bullet firing and directing around Crashers and squares in special formations, however, most attacks involve some form of swarming with squares.
During this phase of the battle, he is in the center of the arena, staying still as more players join in. He is invulnerable during this as a transmission from the Polygon Mother warns the tanks once more about the dangers they are about to face down, and that Perpendiculus should be left alone. After the transmission ends, Perependiculus stands up and speaks his one quote right after he makes his first and only attack, which causes about 20 Beta Squares to block up the exit. Polygons created by Perpendiculus will not reward any EXP.
Perpendiculus is invulnerable during Phase 1, and only when his hands' HP reaches 0 will cause him to enter Phase 2. The hands that are "destroyed" lose all of their weapons and become invulnerable but useless. Attacks that require the weapons will be disabled.
- SWARM!: 20 Beta Squares with a circle on one side with a lance and helmets come up to block the exit. They block anyone from coming in or going out, pushing them back while dealing no damage. They are also Invincible. This attack will only occur once.
- Square Swarm: Perpendiculus spawns 75-110 Summoner Squares or 160-220 Swarm Squares in front of him. He then directs it in one group, in a fat line formation. Existing squares are not affected.
- Fist Armor: Perependiculus gains 8 Yellow Squares and Summoner Squares (alternating 4 and 4) circling each of his hands, 32 in total. He then starts punching tanks and dealing medium damage with each punch, stacked on top of the additional Squares' body damage. Each square a part of the fist armor will have 100 HP and will deal 12 HP of body damage. Summoner Squares that are destroyed will break off and chase the players.
- Pew Pew: Perependiculus fires off 5 shots from each of his gun hands in random trajectories. Bullets do medium damage and are pretty fast. Repeated 3-5 times in quick succession.
- Spawner Wake: Perpendiculus rotates his spawner hands back and forth as he launches out high-speed Summoner Squares, which travel in one direction only and die when they hit something. Each spawner releases about 10-12 squares total. Repeated 2-3 times, but with a pause in between.
- Squarenova: Perpendiculus stops spawning squares, and gathers every single square type in the room together into a clump. He then expands it out at high speed, with lots of squares flying everywhere to deal low damage that stacks up with more things that hit you.
- Square Wannabes: Used only if there is a Necromancer, Factory, or Hellfire currently in the room. If it is a Hellfire, Perpendiculus fires a Streamliner formation from both of his barrels onto it. If it is a Necromancer, he directs all existing Summoner Squares onto it. If it is a Factory, he charges and punches it four times with his spawner hands while still spawning squares.
- Four Times The Fun: Gathers all existing squares into a giant invincible square with different colors. If there are leftovers, he lets them be. Perpendiculus jumps on top of the giant square and spawns 4 Alpha Squares next to him, flinging them all at once at tanks. The square throwing part is then repeated 2 more times. The giant square then disintegrates into individual squares again.
- Square-a-pult: Perpendiculus spawns 12 Beta Squares forming a 4x4 square around him, with the middle 4 squares missing. He then grabs 3 in each hand and aims them at tanks, flinging them out at 22.5 degree trajectories centered on the middle squares.
- Square-off: Perpendiculus summons 4 square Nest Defenders and sends them to attack tanks. There can be duplicates. Usually used at least 45 seconds after the last of the previous 5 have been destroyed.
- Rightened Lightning: Perpendiculus fires lightning streams from his barrels, doing high damage and inflicting Paralyzed and Dazed for 10 seconds.
When Perependiculus's hands are disabled, he enters Phase 2. Perpendiculus moves faster and now only use magic-based attacks. He teleports into the center of the arena at the very beginning of Phase 2. Bullets fired at the hands will go through them. Perpendiculus's square gem on his helmet glows brighter and the helmet cracks slightly.
During a boss summon, Perpendiculus will be invulnerable until the boss/bosses dies. He cannot attack while a boss is in session. After the boss dies, Perpendiculus will resume attacking until the loss of 3,000 HP has been reached. For every 3,000 HP lost, Perpendiculus will summon a boss or multiple bosses as the following:
Boss Spawning Order:
- At 21,400 HP: The Summoner.
- At 18,400 HP: The Constructionist.
- At 15,400 HP: Two Summoners or Constellation.
- At 12,400 HP: Two Constructionists or Constellation and a Summoner.
- At 9,400 HP: Constellation and a Constructionist or Four Summoners or Two Constructionists and one Summmoner.
- At 6,400 HP: Two Constellations or Five Summoners or Three Constructionists.
- At 3,400 HP: Two Constellations and a Summoner or Six Summoners or Four Constructionists.
- At 400 HP: Constellation + Two Summoners + Two Constructionists.
During the between sessions of the boss summoning, Perpendiculus will do these attacks randomly. If Perpendiculus reaches a 3,000 HP mark, he'll become invulnerable and waits for the attack to be finished.
- Square Swarm II: Perpendiculus spawns 120-175 Summoner Squares or 250-300 Swarm Squares in front of him. He then directs it in one group, in a fat line formation. Existing squares are not affected.
- Squarenova II: Perpendiculus stops spawning squares, and gathers every single square type in the room together into a clump. He then expands it out at high speed, with lots of squares flying everywhere to deal low damage that stacks up with more things that hit you. However, Perpendiculus repeats this until there are no squares left or 5 explosions have occurred.
- Four Times The Fun II: Gathers all existing squares into a giant invincible square with different colors. If there are leftovers, he lets them be. Perpendiculus jumps on top of the giant square and spawns 8 Alpha Squares next to him, flinging them all at once at tanks. The square throwing part is then repeated 2 more times. The giant square then disintegrates into individual squares again.
- Square-a-pult II: Perpendiculus spawns 12 Beta Squares forming a 4x4 square around him, with the middle 4 squares missing. Since he lacks the use of his hands, he uses existing Summoner Squares and Swarm Squares to manipulate the Beta Squares now. He throws them faster, more accurately, and as a result on impact the thrown squares do slightly more damage.
- Square-off II: Perpendiculus summons 8 square Nest Defenders and sends them to attack tanks. There can be duplicates. Usually used at least 45 seconds after the last of the previous 5 have been destroyed.
- Quadrilateral Squared: Perpendiculus puts down a normal yellow square that glows white, then starts multiplying from 1 square, to 2, 4, 16, and finally 256 squares just to make a mess in the room. Doesn't do anything much, just creates a huge obstacle that needs to be destroyed.
- Square Root: Perpendiculus stops in place, stops spawning squares, becomes Invincible, and spawns 10 Nest Defenders to fight. He heals 2500 health in the meantime. Cannot be used more than 3 times in this phase.
- Square In The Head: Perpendiculus summons five Beta Squares, and tosses them right on top of tanks. Said tanks are immobile until their allies destroy the squares on top of them. They can still fire, but not hit the square directly unless they have drones or a top-mounted Auto Turret.
- Square You: Perpendiculus picks up a tank, and flattens it into a square, dealing low damage. This is only aesthetic, other than the low damage. The flattened tank will pop back into shape 45-75 seconds later, regardless of its original body shape.
The End of Perpendiculus
When Perpendiculus reaches the 400 HP mark and after the bosses are defeated, a transmission from the Polygon Mother reminds the tanks about what they are about to face with. Perpendiculus will then use a deluxe version of Square Swarm II, summoning a mass of about 500 Swarm Squares. The guards at the door also become active, and Perpendiculus allows his Swarm Squares to go every which way, causing loads of chaos.
Each Beta Square guard has 430 HP. They deal 9 HP of body damage per hit. They attack through swiping the little lances they hold, and attack quite fast. They are pretty fast, too. The lance does a considerable amount of damage to tanks. The guards aren't necessary to defeat the boss, just deal enough damage to Perpendiculus and this is all over...
If every tank present during Perpendiculus's final moment has died, a transmission from the Polygon Mother to those engaged in Perpendiculus's battle will appear, her congratulating them for "sparing" Perpendiculus. The entrance to his fortress will be blocked for 20 minutes, and everything will get reset.
However, if Perpendiculus's HP finally reaches 0, he kneels down and white cracks begin forming all around his body, any square in range around him starts to loose their color, turning into a gray. Perpendiculus then suddenly vaporizes with a white flash on the screen, leaving only the helmet behind on top of a pile of ashes. All squares and polygons associated to them with a huge radius around the death of Perpendiculus will have halved HP and resistances. Any square-based bosses/mini-bosses that were present near the fortress where Perpendiculus has been defeated will greatly reduce in HP and Resistances, Inferior Square nests will stop spawning squares for a long time around its destruction area...
*To be added*
- Comparing Perpendiculus's personality to that of an overconfident 12-year-old's is very accurate.
- Congratulations Da_Clorax for finding all 119 squares on this page (now it's 120 since I said it), any new words won't count anymore since it is a one time event.
- Some attacks have square-related puns for names.
- Bring Pentashots, Sprayers, Spreadshots, Auto Gunners, Triplets, Streamliners, Twins, ANYTHING that has a spread or sprinkles a lot of bullets backs and forth.